[Dixielandjazz] John R T Davies and digital

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 12 20:57:33 PST 2005

Pardon my being blown-away so mightily, but it is still a shock to my
system to know that the guru of restoration was NOT operating on a
digital platform.  To have achieved the results I'm hearing in the
Bessie's, without DIGITAL software, is nothing less than unbelievable.

Further to Bessie's "Cake Walking Babies":  Since Mr Davies was not
using digital technology, the "gurgle" that remains most definitely IS
part of the original recording, as Mr Crouch has indicated.  Sorry for
being so slow on this one, but I initially thought the "gurgle" was the
effluent of digital reprocessing...,
--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org