[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 11:15:05 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/11/05 10:15:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ALSINGERPRESENTS at aol.com writes:

> To ALL you good people.....the incredible number of messages in the past few
>
> weeks seems to beg the question "When is too many TOO MANY!??!! I am forced
> delete most. I invite LIMITED   RESPONSE to this question.(ONE VERY WELL
> THOUGHT OUT REPLY?     al singer

With all due respect to your suggestion Al, we have 480 members on this list,
and Mr. Ringwald wants us all to get at least one more each.  It is going to
get worse no doubt.

That being said, it is meant to be an open forum for people with like
interests and disinterest to speak up and share stories, ideas, history and music
that obviously most of us can't find anywhere else or we would not have joined
this list or stayed on it for so long.

If we all knew where to get the answers specifically we would just "ask
Jeeves" or go to the library and try to find it.  Fortunately we have found this
list of pretty well rounded folks with incredible knowledge about a subject that
binds us together due to the unselfish sharing of this information with
everyone who wishes to read it.

I keep my computers on 24/7 because I do business all around the world and
there are great time differences to deal with, I thoroughly enjoy participating
in threads on the DJML in between the myriad of other emails I receive all day
and night.

I use the delete button so much that I can no longer read it on this
computer, and my computer is also set up to dump any incoming email with (No Subject)
in the subject line into the Spam folder, where I fished yours out of, because
I recognized your name as the sender and value your opinions on this list as
much as I do anyone else's, which is a great deal.  I actually have a filing
cabinet full of wonderful posts from this list that I save for reference to for
future use just in case I forget some things.  Which I do daily. :))

I have learned more about OKOM and some genres of music on this list than I
would have otherwise ever learned from not being able to converse with the
folks on this list.  I also learned the incredible value of some list members with
long thought out replies, and others with short snippets of relative
information, which fills in the blanks in many instances to collect the full picture
of what we have been discussing.

I doubt that any of us have ALL the answers, but collectively we have a vast
vault of knowledge about music and a host of other subjects that often relate
to it and it's usage.

Now I will stop as I have reached the limit of my thinking and must get back
to my DELETE Key.  :))

Sorry if I am now the 480th reply to (no subject)  :))

Now don't get mad and please don't go away Al.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins