[Dixielandjazz] The Boondockers (Sacramento Area) Jan 12
Robert S. Ringwald
robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 10 20:45:56 PST 2005
Good morning friends,
Before the inevitable commercial, Here are some interesting observations by
16 THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN:
by Dave Barry, Nationally Syndicated Columnist
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on
the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has
not achieved, and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want
you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. (I wish I
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling
reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests
that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging
from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a
big deal about your birthday. That time is age 21.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender,
religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that deep down inside, we
ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
13. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice
person. (This is VERY IMPORTANT. Pay attention. It never fails.)
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built
A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
16. Thought for the day: Men are like fine wine . . . they start out as
grapes, and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they
turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
And now for the commercial.
Join us, The Boondockers, as we once again raise the roof at Giovanni's
Pizzeria on Wednesday Jan 12, 6:00 - 9:00 PM. .
since we took over the 2nd and 4th Wednesday night gig from Beez Kneez, we
have had some
really great nights and a whole lot of fun.
This Wednesday, Bob Sakoi will again be with us on trumpet, as will Paul
Edgerton on clarinet.
Since Jim Maihack is on a Panama Canal Cruise, with Jeanne Kittrell's
Rivermen, Gary Reynolds will be on trombone.
Darrell Fernandez will be on bass and Ralph Thompson, recovered from his
operation, will be back on banjo.
Yours truly will be on piano & Bill Gunter will be playing his Stradivarius
5924 South Landpark Dr.,
Tel (916) 393-7001.
6:00 - 9:00 PM, no cover charge.
>From Sacramento, go south on I-5 to Fruitridge Rd.
Turn left or east, under freeway, and go approximately 1/2 mile.
Note: From Stockton & points south, reverse the above direction.
Turn right on South Landpark Dr.
and go approximately 1/4 mile to South Hills shopping center.
Giovanni's is on the right, next to the large market.
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
More information about the Dixielandjazz