[Dixielandjazz] Bob Barnard, more

Phil Crumley pcrumley at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 10 15:26:28 PST 2005

What a joy to be reading the superlative things being said about Bob
Barnard.  For a good number of years I have considered Bob to be my
favorite living  trumpet/cornet player. A few years ago we made a CD titled
SMACKAROONEY,  which is a tune composed by him.  In addition to that
number,included on the CD are some tunes called Black Stump Stomp  (by
Barnard), THE WOMBAT (by Roger Bell, Graeme Bell's brother), and - of
course - ALONG THE ROAD TO GUNDAGAI.  Too bad we didn't have a didgeridoo
in the studio with all that fine Aussie influence.

We, Natural Gas JB, were delighted to be the warm-up band for Bob 4 months
ago for a concert he gave here in the San Francsco area.  He proved again
that he is most deserving of all the good comments recently made about both
his talents and person.

Phil  (Good on ya', mate) Crumley
Natural Gas Jazz Band.