[Dixielandjazz] Re: Breaking Up Is EASY to do. was Black Dogs

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 10 01:25:02 PST 2005

Steve barbone wrote:

<<Probably one of the most difficult things to do as a band leader is keep a
good band together. How many other good bands have broken up because they
could not get along?>>

We've been at it for 37 yrs!  Just got back from a 4 hr drive to a gig.  We
book into a hotel for that distance....each in his own room!  We do NOT
socialize other than when on gigs.  However, while on the gig we have a
great time together.  We rarely (read, never) get together with the
families.  We see each other enough on the gigs!!  We all get paid the same.

I understand that the Chieftains (Irish folk), who have been together for
over 40 yrs don't even sit together on the planes!

Stay outa each others lives (as much as possible)& pockets, and you will be
fine.

Jim