[Dixielandjazz] Jewish musician(s) and Church gigs

Elazar Brandt larryb at actcom.co.il
Sun Jan 9 12:39:45 PST 2005

Hi Larry,

I know of many Jews who like gospel music, and will listen to it, play it or
sing it, as long they are not made to feel that they must convert to
Christianity in the process. Chances are, if people will treat your vocalist
like a person, and not like a lost sinner, she will be happy to do the gig. In
any case, I would guess that she'd prefer that you ask her than that you make
the decision one way or the other without giving her a chance to respond.

My 2 shekels' worth.

Elazar
Misrad HaJazz
Doctor Jazz Band