[Dixielandjazz] Church Question

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun Jan 9 11:11:24 PST 2005

Nice comment, Bill. My belief is that the site is irrelevant to the
spirituality of music. I've had a sense of the holiness when hearing
Gregorian chant or Bach in a church, Ray Burke in a back room, the MJQ
in a bar, Carmen McRae in a concert hall, etc. (Plus, some wretched
music in all those sites.)  All good art can instance "flow," peak
experiences, brief glimpses of what I'm comfortable calling "God."  A
piano man named Triggs Morgan once said, "Man, when I'm playing, I'm
praying."

Charlie Suhor