[Dixielandjazz] Thanks to Don Boyer and Jim Kashishian

Mike Meddings mike at doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 08:30:04 PST 2005

Hello all,

Following up leads on Jelly Roll Morton's music activities in South Bend,
Indiana, I made contact with Jim Kashishian, who was on vacation in South
Bend during December 2004.  Jim met up with fellow musician Don Boyer, who
then made contact with John Kovach the librarian of Saint Mary's College,
South Bend, Indiana.

John has searched through his library collection and has discovered several
interesting pictorial adverts from local newspapers, which contain valuable
information about previously unknown  appearances of Jelly Roll at the Tokio
Gardens dance hall.  The building, which was located at N. Michigan and
Marion streets, South Bend, Indiana is no longer standing due to urban
renewal.

I'd like to thank Don Boyer and Jim Kashishian for their help in gathering
in the information for Jelly Roll's appearances in South Bend.

If you want to take a look at their contributions, then please take a look
in the Recently Updated Articles box at :

http://www.doctorjazz.freeserve.co.uk/index.html

Musically yours

Mike