[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke's Black Dog Jazz Band

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 8 03:32:26 PST 2005

Bill,
"Filching" these seems to abound, I have a tape gotten from a Festival (don't have its
details, but probably can get them from my friend who gave me the tape the tape.
It contains, Summer Days, Moten's "Missouri Wobble", Dr. John's "Mardi Gras In New Orleans",
, Dayton Ohio 1902, Hellhound on my Trail, Chattanooga Choo Choo, Marchand du Poisson,
 and some others I forget.
I heard they put on quite a show. Great Break TUnes ("Summer Days" -the Little Rascals' theme) and
perfect duplicate of the Looney Tunes theme.  I'd sure like more of their stuff, as Yocum is now in Europe and
that group seems to no longer exist.
Other than Steve Yocum, the only person I have listed on my tape is
Davy Jones (now of FL)  on COrnet. Davy sometimes records with Alan Vache' these days.
Regards,

 I think a Google search once turned up a tiny bit of info on the band and
another of Steve's - The Essex Black Dogs."
I Think I searched for Yocum, but it was a while ago.
What speed of a link do you have to the internet?

Craig