[Dixielandjazz] Artie and Charlie

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 7 07:52:26 PST 2005

I don't think anyone could live with Artie Shaw for 23 years without going
nuts IMHO.>>

Hi ,
as an example of the difficulty of living with Shaw I remember either Ava or
Lana complained that he would kick up a row if the lavatory paper was not
hung on the wall the `right` way round.

I am afraid that I sympathised with him on this point and wrote it off as
the ridiculous stupidity of women. There IS only one way to hang the
lavatory paper and that is so that it hangs from the side of the roll
farthest from the wall. If you hang it the other way then the paper tends to
stick to the wall. Static electricity or something.
Just shows how reasonable men are compared to the other half of the human
race.

Wendy, put down that rolling pin, of course I didn`t mean you ............

Cheers

Pat