[Dixielandjazz] Bob Craven R.I.P.

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 22:05:11 PST 2005

mike at washboards.com writes:

> Bob Craven, longtime Denver resident, musician and leader of the Summit
> Ridge Jazz Band passed away last night.

Folks, I am shocked and almost speechless to hear this terrible news, I met
Bob on this list and grew to admire him as a person and a bandleader of real
Class and professionalism.

We talked and communicated off list many times, and I heard form him only a
week or so ago about a Great Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Gig he booked and was very
excited about playing with Summit Ridge.  I got a neat joke from him just a
few days ago, and I had no idea he was sick.  We were working on putting
together an International marketing campaign to book his band around the world.

I have met some very fine people on this list in my short time and I am
saddened to hear about their passing unexpectedly.  Bob and I spoke about my
favorite saying concerning life.  It is not the man who dies with the most money who
wins the Game of Life, but the Man who dies with the most Friends.  I am sure
Bob was a Billionaire, and I am proud to have been one of his friends even if
it were such a short time.

I will miss him, but most of all I will miss the good times we were about to
enjoy together for the first time.

My Sincerest condolences to his family and all the members of the very fine
Summit Ridge Jazz Band.  I hope he gets the chair next to Jim Bebee.

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band