[Dixielandjazz] The Changing Music Business:

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Wed Jan 5 13:36:16 PST 2005

In the professional music business no one owns a chair.  The more amateur
the group the more chairs are owned by individuals.  The same can be said
for  teachers many of whom are hired on a yearly contract although in some
states they might get tenure.

The owners of this camp are like band leaders and other business owners.
They are not bound to keep someone on if they don't want them.  In business
reshuffling takes place everyday.

So I would say to those teachers - get a life and get real.  This is the
real world.

Having said that I think the management of this camp is being very stupid.
Basic managerial training says that when you take over a new job as manager
you don't try to change the world because if you try to make changes too
fast you will have a revolt on your hands.  Guess what they've got a revolt
and a war that no one will win.