[Dixielandjazz] Artie Shaw music clips / information

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 12:36:31 PST 2005

To hear some later Artie Shaw, go to the below website. Move around it and
click on "These Foolish Things".

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/mar/shaw/

There is also a lot of other good stuff there. Especially excerpts from his
bio like the one below.

----begin snip
Among the string of women he married were movie stars Lana Turner and Ava
Gardner. It was a world, he insists, not of his choosing, but hard to
resist.

"You run into a party and (a) woman comes up to you. She's the most
beautiful creature you ever saw -- Ava Gardner -- and says, 'I like you and
why don't we get together?' What are you going to say, 'No'? You'd have to
be an idiot. She was an incredible creature."

----end snip

Hey, that's why I took up clarinet. :-) VBG

Seriously though, if this never happened to you, (maybe not Ava or Lana but
still desirable) you are not really a jazz musician. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone