[Dixielandjazz] Shaw & Goodman

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 19:06:06 PST 2005

Jimmy Dorsey...spent the last set sitting in a booth  with my girlfriend and
I at the Rainbow Ballroom in Denver, 1950. His band played the last set
without him, he sat there asking us questions about out lives, our music,
and gave us both a hug before we left. His brother, Tommy, was a real jerk
to me earlier that year when I asked him for an autograph. Shorty Sherock
was on trumpet/cornet, I remember!
Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band