[Dixielandjazz] The Music Business

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Feb 25 18:03:58 PST 2005

Tom Wiggins recently posted a message regarding the music business today.

I sent a copy to my daughter Beth and below is her response:

(snip)
Dad, Who wrote that article?  He was certainly right on about the music
business, which is why it was not much fun to work in anymore.  Remember my
last job was working for a radio promotion company where one of my job
responsibilities was going out to Circuit City to buy stuff like large
screen
TV's for whatever Radio Station Manager they were buttering up in the
Midwest
at the time...to get stuff like Cher's newest single on their playlist...and
this the record companies were paying us a fortune to do.  Yep, it was only
the actual artists not making any money, (not including Cher, but the real
musicians I mean.)
(snip)

 --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Placerville, CA USA

"There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for
themselves."
--William Penn Adair (Will) Rogers B: 11/4/1879 D: 8/15/1935