[Dixielandjazz] Cafe Louis in NYC

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 16:35:15 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/24/05 3:36:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Tom Wiggins opined about the Club Louis:
>
> Not disagreeing with his opinion. However the club is very small and at all
> times except 9 PM to 11:30 PM, Tues, Wed, Thurs, &Sun they play recorded
> music. By whom? Pops, of course.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone

Well, now that certainly makes sense, sorry, but I did not see any mention of
that in the original posts, and my opinion was based not solely upon the
Louis Cafe, but on many other such situations real and imagined that happen all
over the place all the time.

Like the new Bing Crosby Restaurant here that has a piano bar with a female
singer who does not even sing Bing Material.  I just personally find that
disrespectful to the memory of a Legendary entertainer and simple attempts to
capitalize on their name with almost total disregard to the importance of keeping
the purpose of that legend alive.

I went there recently to try and book listmate Ed Metz and the Bob Crosby
Bobcats show there and they looked at me like I was crazy, and said who is that?
Oh no sorry we only have a female singer and a pianist.  What a pity too,
because the place is perfect for OKOM and The Bob Cats would tear the place apart
with class and great music for the audience that is going there currently.
As I have said several times on the list, the folks today that are in charge of
presenting music and running clubs and live music venues are often simply
without a clue as to what they are doing or why.

Cheers,

Tom "We need more ETHIKKS" Wiggins
"who is as Ethikul as i kin git"