[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jam Bands

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 18:10:34 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/21/05 2:06:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bhaesler at bigpond.net.au writes:

> Great story Steve,
> Sounds like you had a magnificent time.
> I hope the Pennsylvania Jazz Society 'jam' was recorded for prosperity and
> (hopefully) future CD release.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

I agree Bill:

And for all of you band leaders out there, Sony makes a wonderful little MINI
DISC recorder with a Good Stereo mic that will fit in your shirt pocket.  The
total cost is about $500.00 I never leave home without it.  You should use it
to record every rehearsal and every live performance, so easy to use, just
set it on the bandstand where no one will step on it and record everything live.
 You will be amazed at the quality of what comes out of it.  Then you can put
the disc into your computer and edit it and burn a master CD for
manufacturing and have higher quality than most Dixieland bands ever had back in the day.

Better you than some enterprising guy in the audience who will try to sell it
back to you in a year or so or worse yet you find it for sale on E-bay or CD
baby and you get nothing but famous from it.  :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins