[Dixielandjazz] Dave Gannett status; Ed Polcer

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 11:08:58 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/21/2005 10:37:45 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu writes:

Folks--
Last week the Austin Traditional Jazz  Society hosted Ed Polcer's
Jazz All Stars for a Sunday-night concert and a  Monday-morning
clinic, and both of them were great.  (See my review  and some
pictures of it at http://www.atjs.org/HEADS/40.htm.)
At the reception after the concert i was talking with Ed Metz Jr.
about the Black Dogs and Dave Gannett.  Metz said that Dave is not
playing tuba currently because he has been driving an 18-wheeler in
Alabama and had a bad accident with some truck-machinery accidentally
hitting him in the teeth (i don't remember the exact details of how
it  happened).  I don't know where Dave is in Alabama, nor his
email-address, but it sure hope he's going to be OK.  If anyone knows
more about him, please let us know.

Dan

I talked with Dave a couple of weeks ago. The accident smashed his whole
face.

Fortunately, he did not need reconstruction, and now, once again, looks  like
Dave.

He is not yet back playing the tuba. But at the proper time, will be  playing
again, only this time for the Lord exclusively.

Dave has discovered what the truly important things in life are. His
ministry is top priority.

I will forward your message to him and return any responses.

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargent.com