[Dixielandjazz] Contract Weather Clauses

Michael Woitowicz banjobarons at nconnect.net
Sun Feb 20 08:44:22 PST 2005

Listmates,

Well, today's gig at a Yacht club mid-winter fund raiser was cancelled due
to the 6" of snow and freezing rain we're currently experiencing in the
Milwaukee, WI area. The gig was in Sheboygan, WI which is about 50 miles
north. The weather forecasters predict an even greater amount in that area.
So, I felt it prudent to invoke the weather clause I had on the contract
relieving us of the obligation to drive in inclement weather. Hated to miss
out on the gig -- It is always a fun event, not to mention the preparation.

Do any of you other band leaders on the list use weather clauses in your
contracts? This is the first time I've really had to invoke the clause, and
I'm glad I had it on the contract. Our route to the gig would take us along
the shores of Lake Michigan and lake effect snow is a common occurrence. So,
driving would have been hazardous in both directions.

OKOM relevance: "Mention My Name in Sheboygan."

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
www.banjobarons.com

The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band