[Dixielandjazz] Strippers & Jazz Joints

George Thurmond gmthur at delrio.com
Sat Feb 19 13:16:13 PST 2005

            Any other of you  dirty old men happen to remember Lili Cristine
(The Cat Girl) who entertained us back in the '50's at Leon Prima"s 500 Club
on Bourbon Street?  She had those wild cat eyes and naturally (I guess)
blond hair done up in a long pigtail.  If interested I can give you the rest
of her attributes off list!  Leon (Louie's brother) was a pretty fair
trumpet player, too, and had some good musicians with him in the house band.
He ran a good club where one got his money's worth back in them old days in
N.O..

            George (Patron of the Art of the Dance) Thurmond