[Dixielandjazz] New jazz club in New Orleans -- address

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Thu Feb 17 14:12:05 PST 2005

Loerchen2 at aol.com wrote:

>Sorry, Bob!
>
>Grand Palace Jazz (in the Grand Palace Hotel)
>1700 Canal St., NW corner of Claiborne.
>
>And I don't have the phone number, sorry.
>
>See you in April --
>Sue

I think that is the location of the Calirborne Towers -- or was called
that in 1955. Jean and I spent out honeymoon there as I played the old
Roosevelt with Ted Weems in a rare one month stay allowing us to get
hitched. Just down the stree was Grace Episcopal Church where the knot
was tied -- lasted a good run -- we celebrate our 50th this November.
The Vieux Carre was just across the blvd. We may go back to N.O. to
celebrate it, and will hope that new club is still a going concern. Nice
to be able to stagger back in a short trip!
Don Ingle