[Dixielandjazz] Getting their due - and getting ours.......

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 20:11:44 PST 2005

I couldn't agree with you more rob. But in all fairness, these "artists"
and I use that term lightly, are providing a demand for the public. This
is what the public wants. The public wants more sex, more violence more
nastiness in their movies, tv and music. Sad but true.

MB

You are right, but maybe that could be changing just a little with regard to
recorded music, if the Grammy audience was way down this year.  Wouldn't that
be a revelation????
But, maybe we could "update" OKOM to fit the times?
I.E.
Ballin' the Blackjack
Jazz up YO chick Blues
Angry -- and Proud of It
Battle Hymn of the Hood
Darktown Strutters' Rumble
Hard Headed Hannah
I can't Get Finished
Just a Closer Walk with My Parole Officer
Please Don't Talk About Me While I'm in Jail
South Rampart Street Drug Deal
Anyone have some other ideas?????
Maybe we could get the younger generation to like jazz, after all !!!!!!!!!!
Mike Vax