[Dixielandjazz] FAKING IT TO RECORDED OR SYNTHESIZED MUSIC

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 15:01:51 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/12/05 2:52:44 PM, barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Reminds me of a time I went into a North Beach topless joint, on Broadway
> in
> San Francisco circa 1967 (lived there for 5 years) to see an all girl jazz
> quartet play . . . topless.
>
> In pursuit of art mind you. :-) VBG

Hey, Steve:
I remember that place too!    I think the drummer actually played when we
were there and she was not very good (as a musician)   LOL    :-D
I remember one night the five of us (we had a rock group at the time) tried
to hit all the good live music places.   There was a good Beatle imitation
group we saw; we saw the girls group you mentioned, but nothing was that great.
I talked the guys into going to see Turk Murphy at Earthquake McGoons (the old
William Tell).   We were poor college students and didn't realize there was a
pretty big cover charge, so we counted our money and told the lady at the
door we were sorry (embarrassed that we couldn't quite make it and turned to
leave).   She let us in for free, and it was a great time!   Always loved Turk
Murphy!
Best regards, and thanks for reminding me of some forgotten times.

John

John Pappas
oArkas at aol.com