[Dixielandjazz] Here Comes Your Pappy

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Feb 11 09:47:34 PST 2005

If memory serves me, there was a later recording, maybe on Capitol,
around 1950 by a recording band labeled the Bobcats, probably with
Nappy singing and maybe John Best on trumpet and some B'cat alumni in
the lineup. It was on the flip side of "Come Back, Sweet Papa." This
doesn't answer your question about its origin, but it is another
performance and likely a different arrangement or head arrangement. A
couple of other, old Bobcat pieces that might be Nappy's that my
brother's teenage band used to play in N.O.--"Don't Call Me Boy" and
the hilarious and oh so true "You're Bound to Look Like a Monkey When
You Grow Old."

Hittin' on 70,

Charlie Suhor