[Dixielandjazz] Ellington the hunter?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 15:07:21 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/05 1:06:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mcvouty78 at hotmail.com writes:

>  He wonders if Ellington played the
> hunting horn, if he ever wrote for the instrument, and any other info about
> the photo you could share.  In the immortal words of Anna Russell, referring
> to the preposterous events in Wagner's Ring, "I'm not making this up, you
> know."
>

> Ed Danielson

I can't swear by it Ed, but seems I have heard that Ellington may have
written
How much is that Doggie in the Window as a Hunting Horn symphony, but the
tune was ripped off and made into a pop song.   As was his original Hound Dog
Blues,   A Bone e Fide  Hit of it's day.

Other songs in the third movement included "A Hunting We Will Go" ripped off
as a nursery rhyme.

:))

Cheers,

Tom who plays "Hunter Green Drums" with a hunting horn mounted on top.