[Dixielandjazz] Who invented Jazz?

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 12:39:16 PST 2005

Steve Barbone wrote:
"Actually the Italians invented jazz centuries before Buddy
Bolden. It began
with a secret society, composed of Botticelli, Da Vinci,
Victor Hugo, Isaac
Newton, Guiseppe Verdi and Don Corleone. The were judging a
musical contest
called "Italiano Idolatry" wherein Jazza Bands from all
over Italy came to
compete at the ruins of the Roman Amphitheater in Palermo.
Circa 1789."...<snip>...

I read "The Da Vinci Code''too Steve . As I read your "version"I obediently supplied the "nods" where needed {just like Robert, the hero}. No "Sophie" here to see them though, darn it!

Marty Nichols