[Dixielandjazz] Not sleeping ?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Feb 2 04:58:16 PST 2005

The article about not sleeping begins with:

Next time you are having trouble dropping off to sleep try putting on a jazz
CD.
Researchers have shown just 45 minutes of relaxing music before bedtime can
make for a restful night.

Umm!  Better not try it with the Canal Street Jazz Band CD's 'cause you
might just find yourself dancing instead of sleeping!   :>

Actually, I can't listen to jazz, period, when doing something else...even
driving.  I really listen when I listen, and lose track of what I'm doing.
That may be due to the fact I'm a musician, and find myself within the
group, so to say. I certainly couldn't describe listening to jazz as being
relaxing for me.

Jim