[Dixielandjazz] Red Nichols--Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers

Stephen J Hester steve at bluelanternrecords.com
Fri Dec 23 13:25:24 PST 2005

Red Nichols did Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers three times that I know of:

(late) February 1945 For MacGregror Transcriptions:  Red Nichols (c/ldr); Heinie
Beau (clt/arr); Herbie Haymer (ts); Earl Sturgis (p); Gene England or Thurman
Teague (sb); Ted Tillman (d).   The arrangement by Heinie Beau is dated 2/21/45.
 This version is on MacGregor Transcriptions and various lp issues.

March 1946 radio broadcast from Club Morroco.   Red Nichols (c/ldr); Rosy
McHargue (clt); Don Lodice (ts); Al Pellegrino (p); Thurman Teague (sb); Rollie
Culver (d).

22 November 1953 (transcribed 08 November 1953):  General Electric Show Starring
Bing Crosby.  John Scott Trotter And His Orchestra.  Program #48.

He may have done it on the network shows of the Atlantic Family or Kellogg
College Prom in the 30s, but I do not have those files in front of me right now.

Steve Hester