[Dixielandjazz] Re: Golf songs/Kenny Rogers

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 20 00:48:15 PST 2005

>What's with all the info from the Rock and Roll Era? If you don't watch
out you will be losing your 1920's/30's OKOM reputation for being one
eyed!!!<

Dear Len,
I wondered whether I should have answered that query, knowing that someone
would accuse me of becoming TOO tolerant.
And spoil my mouldy fygge reputation in the process.
Just as well I didn't reveal that I have the Janis Joplin 'Cheap Thrills'
and 'Janis Joplin With Big Brother and the Holding Company' LPs discussed as
another, similar, borderline thread.
We were keen on Ms Joplin in the early 70s because of her professed love for
Ma Rainey and Bessie Smith and an association with Bonnie Raitt (who was
mentored by the graet blues lady, Sippie Wallace).
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Kind regards,
Bill.