[Dixielandjazz] Re: Steve's New Book..Huhn?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 09:23:47 PST 2005

on 12/15/05 11:20 AM, BudTuba at aol.com at BudTuba at aol.com wrote:

Steve,

If you ever decide to write an autobiography, let us know, but give us
plenty of time to actually review it, because you gotta be the most prolific
contributor to this list.  Excellent information, and tons of it.  Your life
must be a vacillation between playing gigs and hanging out on DJML.

Merry Christmas to you and all the DJML community.  Let us know when Volume
1 will be ready.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers JB
"we ain't just whistling dixie!"

Heh, Heh:

Thanks, Bud. For 71+ years, I led a rapid/full life. Only sleep 5 hours a
night (at most).  Spend the other 19 hours a day gigging, (230+ this year)
taking care of the farm,  surfing the internet, communicating with friends
etc., in an effort to keep current, first hand, with what is going on around
the world. Plus time out for eating, drinking and making love.

It ain't easy separating the wheat from the chaff but it sure as hell beats
sitting around in a persistent vegetative state somewhere else. :-) VBG.

No doubt, in some minds,  I overdo the communications but for most of us
there is so much going on musically and so little time to take advantage of
it.  Besides, there is always the delete key, so no harm, no foul.

Musical content: "Music should always be an adventure." Coleman Hawkins

Cheers,
Steve