[Dixielandjazz] French quarter festival

texasjazzlover rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Sun Dec 11 15:52:55 PST 2005

I will try to find out the latest on the French Quarter Festival schedule.
Connie Jones told me a couple of months ago, that they would have it, only
more scaled back and probably at Jackson Square with fewer venues.

 "Nickle a Dance" which usually happens the month of October was held this
year on beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving and ending with Dec. 18.

Fritzel's, Snug Harbor, Dos Jefe's and Donna's are all open with music every
night.  Palm Court is closed until after New Year's.  However seems most of
the people in New Orleans are working during the day and not going out at
night.

Mardi Gras is planned as usual for two weeks.  The first week shortened, the
second week Thursday thru Fat Tuesday.

Regards.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX