[Dixielandjazz] Deck the Halls With Boston Charlie

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Dec 11 12:37:34 PST 2005

This is a website put up by an acquaintance: http://
culturalvision.net/html/merry_mithras.html  that goes into a lot of
this subject.

As for me - I enjoy a lot of non-traditional seasonal songs like
"Daddy's Drinking Up Our Christmas" but I also like the standard
carols. I have played in many "massed tuba choirs" - mostly in San
Jose, CA -  a special show arranged by Tony Clements, not the "Tuba
Christmas®" that happens in many cities. Tony has arranged medleys
that mix secular "winter songs" with carols and it is quite interesting.

I think there are a few others on this list who have done this - been
on hiatus for a few years because we could not find a place big
enough for 200 tubas, but it should return in 2006.

Dave Richoux