[Dixielandjazz] FW: New Hot Jazz Channel radio show

Brian Harvey brer.rabbit at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 02:36:48 PST 2005

 I'm delighted to able to announce that the Christmas-New Year Hot Jazz
Channel show is now up and running at www.radiojazz.co.uk

Included in the one hour fifty one minute(111m 30 secs!)programme are tracks
from eighteen newly released CDs - many by bands and musicians that usually
get little or no international exposure.

Featured this time are - the Fryer Barnhart All Star Jazz Band from the
Keswick Festival, the Allotria Jazz Band from the Ascona Festival, Alex
Welsh & His Band, the George Lewis Ragtime Band recorded live in New
Hampshire, the Big Bear Stompers, Toronto's The Hot Five Jazzmakers with
Gregg Stafford, The Gambit Jazzmen, Captain John Handy with Punch Miller,
The Blue Magnolia Jass Band, The Thatcher - Blount - Vickers Band, Mac
Duncan's Band with Sonny Morris, The French Preservation Jazz Band with
Kjeld Brandt and John Royen, The Bohem Ragtime Band from Hungary, Andy
Stein's Blue Five with Vince Giordano and Dan Levinson, John Petters Jazz
Band with Cuff Billett and Mike Pointon, Geoff Cole's Red Hot Seven with
Alan Elsdon and finally Mart Rodger Manchester Jazz showcasing Terry Brunt.

All the CDs we've played tracks from are the subjects of capsule reviews on
the web site and it should be possible to read them whilst listening to the
music!

We'll be back in the New Year with more new sounds.

Meanwhile we wish all our listeners, our team and the bands who have helped
us get the station up and running - a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful
Prosperous New Year.

Brian Harvey and John Booth