[Dixielandjazz] Washboard Gig Finally San Francisco

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 00:25:43 PST 2005

Wahoo Wahoo Good music is Back and it's replacing Big Band in the Big
City,  budget cuts and all ya know, there is a War goin' on in case
ya'll live so far out in the sticks ya haven't heard yet.  They's
meltin' down the brass horns for hand hammered sheilds for the Marines
I hear.

Hey you Guys  Finally Finally Finally  there is an authentic gig
request for a WASHBOARD PLAYER,  must be for Dixieland since it did not
ask for "Classically known Washboardist"  so you long haired high brow
types need not respond , you are definitely OVERQUALIFIED and would no
doubt play academically rather than rhythmically.   YOU know who you
are so don't get uppity about it on the list now.

Any day now I will uncover a good Symphony gig for one or more of you,
just don't get your Tux in your crack over it.
I hear rumors that the S.F. Symphony will soon be looking for a hot new
Saw and Washboard duo to feature next season.

Cheers,

Tom

Subject: Washboard Gig  Finally

       1920s/30s Blues singer/pianist looking for washboard player!
(inner richmond)
 Hi--

   I'm searching for a washboard player. If you sing or play other
instruments including the washboard-- GREAT! I have a few regular gigs
including The Rite Spot and am interested in having a fuller sound.

 Reply to:          comm-116858579 at craigslist.org

  Date: 2005-12-08, 6:48PM PST

  Please write if interested.