[Dixielandjazz] Mea Culpa -- Guilty as Charged

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Dec 8 16:09:08 PST 2005

I was wondering about that - in all of the society flyers I get for
my jazz calendar there is usually no mention of Moose, Elks, Odd
Fellows, Masons or any other such. - just "The Lodge." I think this
could make it pretty hard for someone new to the area to find the
places (signage and street numbers can be very poorly marked or
confusing, even with full information.)

If I know the correct nomenclature for the particular lodge in
Northern California I usually announce it as a courtesy to my
audience, but is there some particular reason not to mention the
order names? Since a whole lot of OKOM societies meet in such places
it seems like we should be cross-promoting!

Dave Richoux