[Dixielandjazz] Attracting younger listeners (very long)

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Thu Dec 8 09:28:29 PST 2005

John,

I have been watching your work for several years now and I know what a splendid
job you do with the Monterey Hot Jazz Newsletter.  It is six pages in length, has
complex graphics and color photos and has to be a labor of love to manage as you
do not receive compensation for this  job. .  I also know you do a virus check
before sending out the letter and it is "clean" initially.

I am appreciative of your work and can support  you 100%. I am quite sure that
those who would criticize your management of the newsletter and web site are
unaware of the many other "electronic" problems this medium presents over which
you have no control.

Additionally, those who would condemn your work don't know you, are windbags in
many cases, and have their own desperate need to sound important.  Give them your
job and they would disappear with a few mumbled excuses & nothing would get done.

We love you, John.  Please keep up the good work.

Russ Guarino
Clarinet Maverick