[Dixielandjazz] The Fly Trap Gig - worth a shot?

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Dec 5 13:56:38 PST 2005

David Richoux wrote:

 (snip)
> If it was such a bad experience as Tom Shaw relates, why did he stay
> there for 14 months? Change of management?
(snip)

 Who knows.  He may have stuck it out because even though the boss was
unreasonable, it may have been a good paying gig.  Or perhaps none others
were available.

He could have had lots of reasons for staying.  you certainly cannot fault
him for sticking it out hoping that it might get better.

Or perhaps over the 14 months it got steadily worse.

I have worked such gigs.

--Bob (Now where'd I put that damn piano) Ringwald