[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby Out Take

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Dec 4 10:31:19 PST 2005

Pat Ladd wrote:

(snip)
> Someone got a hold of a flexible record (this was in the days of 78's)>>
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> would that have been a V Disc or were there other flexible records about
> then?
(snip)

 Pat, As I remember, it was a 78 size record but was flexible like an LP.
According to Bill Haesler, who also had a copy of this recording, he called
it acetate.  I don't know if acetate means a flexible disc or hard like what
78s used to be made of.  But the copy my grandmother had was flexible like a
LP.

According to Bill, this recording was made in 1939.

--Bob Ringwald