[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby Out Take

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sat Dec 3 13:23:48 PST 2005

I haven't heard that, but on the CD of the complete recordings of Bing with
the Andrews Sisters there are a couple of out-takes.  One of them is on
their recording of Jingle Bells in which near the end, Bing comes in a beat
too soon.  He then begins improvising some lyrics singing around Patty
Andrews' melody finally finishing with (singing to the "jingle all the way"
line "Holy Jesus Christ."  The sisters then crack out and Patty says "Urp."
Meanwhile the band (led by Vic Schoen) keeps chugging along to the end of
the arrangement.  I think that's the part that really cracks me up.

Hal Vickery