[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby Out Take

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Dec 3 13:15:20 PST 2005

When I was a kid, my grandmother loved (I mean, looooved) Bing Crosby.  She
thought that a curse word would never pass his lips.

Someone got a hold of a flexible record (this was in the days of 78's) and
gave it to her as a present, of what was supposed to be an outtake that
someone smuggled out of the recording studio.  Who knows, it could have been
done on purpose as a gag.

Anyway, the song was "Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams."  During the song, Bing
sings "They left out 8 bars the dirty bastards."

My grandmother, who was very religious, was very disappointed in Bing.

has anyone else ever heard this version?

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
530/642-9551