[Dixielandjazz] trombone slides

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Aug 28 02:26:06 PDT 2005

Yeah, I figured my comments on a good trombone slide would get some mail
going!   :>

I may just be a fussy player, but the slide has to be able to move faster
than my hand for me to be happy.  No dragging the thing around behind the
hand.  It's all with the fingers, and very little full arm action for me.
Once a slide has dings, or starts to loose its coating, I'm ready for a
brand new horn.  I've never had a repaired slide that felt good like it
should.  I don't want to feel the slide at all.

Ok, I never buy used cars, either!  Maybe that's why they refer to me as
Kash?       :>

Jim