[Dixielandjazz] Jazz-related article in Smithsonian Magazine

Lily Korte tramette89 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 24 09:56:03 PDT 2005

Just got my copy in the mail, looked in the table of contents, and was surprised to see that there was a whole article on Frank Driggs, his photo collection, etc. Some of the photos are reproduced in the mag. Some anti-Coltrane opinions are voiced. :-) (and Vince Giordano's Nighthawks even get a brief mention, as does Kevin Dorn's Traditional Jazz Collective.) Thought it was an okay article. Not the best I've ever read, but not bad either, and when it helps gets OKOM out in the open, hey, that's all right with me.

Lily Korte