FW: [Dixielandjazz] Young folks

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Aug 24 09:50:28 PDT 2005

Hi Jim! Wonderful that they enjoy your music so much...but what's playing on
the radio all day in Spain? What do all of those hip music lovers buy at the
stores and download off the internet? It ain't our great (to us) music, I'll
guaranty that!
Bob Romans

No, of course not, Bob.  I wouldn't expect it to be.  It's what is happening
on MTV of which there is a Spanish version.  This doesn't bother me at all.
It's quite normal that fashions move on.  I'm just pleased that they are
willing & able to enjoy us when they do encounter our kind of music.  They
buy our CD's at the clubs & in the music sections at the main department
stores.

What I am pleased about is that these young folks are guaranteeing that the
clubs will be calling us in the years that come.  Our following is not
greying even if we are, and that is important for the future of the band.

By the way, there is some quite enjoyable & fairly complex stuff happening
in the modern vein of music (pop/rock, etc.).  I work with a lot of it in my
studio, and am happy that I get the exposure.  Makes it easier to talk to my
youngest kids...3 of which are in their 20's.  They bring all their friends
in to hear our band when they are in town (they all live in London now), but
are into the other stuff that kids listen to, naturally. The music out there
is not all bad, nor is it all good.  Same goes for OKOM.

Jim