[Dixielandjazz] Re: Phil Gomez

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 13:17:27 PDT 2005

Hi:
Phil Gomez died sometime in the early to mid-1990s. He was living in Arizona,
I believe, when we ran a cover story on him in May 1987. (That issue is out
of print.) He was a subscriber, and we corresponded back and forth a bit. He
was a very nice man and an excellent musician, and he was still playing at that
time. I just checked with some of my favorite web sites for death information,
but I wasn't able to ascertain his death date or cause of death, though I
think it might have been cancer that did him in.

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com Or
lesliemrag at aol.com

In a message dated 8/23/2005 2:01:30 PM Central Standard Time,