[Dixielandjazz] Re: Nigel Kennedy

johnbird at sympatico.ca johnbird at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 23 07:05:20 PDT 2005

Re Nigel Kennedy, maybe this has been covered here before, but I have an excellent biopic DVD from Music on Earth called: Stéphane Grappelli--A Life in the Jazz Century

http://www.musiconearth.co.uk/jazz_music_dvd/index.htm

it's a fascinating biography of Stephane and his life and times, including lots of music, all known film footage of Django, and apropos Nigel, features several interview segments with M. Kennedy, both as young teen wiz and as adult, and a clip of him making his jazz performance premiere as a teenager with Stephane in Ronnie Scott's. I forget the number now, but highly recommend this DVD.

Cheers,
John

Message: 17