[Dixielandjazz] Re: Debbie Kennedy (was Jamie Cullum or RobMcCallum?)

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 02:22:16 PDT 2005

I think if "Nige" had a spiky haired sister (or any musical sister) we'd
probably know.  He's extremely  well known in th UK and she probably would
be too by association .

Nigel Kennedy was a public schoolboy (that's UK type where parents pay a
shedload of cash to educate their kids) He re-invented himself as a drop-out
and changed his accent and mode of dress.  Didn't know he played jazz but I
can think of very few classical players who make the transition
successfully.  In fact right now I can only think of two:  the late Duncan
Swift (UK) and the wonderful  Mimi Blais from Canada.

Jude
Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire