[Dixielandjazz] Re: Debbie Kennedy (was Jamie Cullum or Rob McCallum?)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 23 00:30:50 PDT 2005

> Does she have spikey hair and talk about bloddy football all the time? :  )

Dear Roddy,
Good one mate!
8>)
But to query Bob Ringwald.
Is she really Nigel Kennedy's sister?
I have, so far, been unable to establish this.
Nigel Kennedy is a brilliant and acclaimed classical violinist who dabbles
in 'jazz'.
In his 'jazz' persona he is a foul-mouthed, badly dressed show off.
(Based on a review of a performance he gave at The Basement here in Sydney,
Australia, late last year. Copy on request as it contains 'dirty words' and
I would hate the wrath of the DJML to fall on me.)
Kennedy was born on 28 December 1956 in Brighton, England.
Although, I suppose it is possible that he has an Australian sister.
Enquiries with modern jazz friends here have failed to find an Australian
bass player called Debbie Kennedy, currently in New York.
Kind regards,
Bill.