[Dixielandjazz] Bennys. Falkland variety

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 22 03:43:13 PDT 2005

 I even Knew what the Hell Benny's were, >>

Hi,
in the UK Benny was a character in a popular soap opera. He was very slow
witted, not to say dim. Well meaning but thick.

When our chaps were fighting in the Falklands they christened the locals
Benny`s (Well it IS an isolated community)

Things got so bad that there was an official order that locals were not to
be referred to as Benny`s. But as one browned off squaddie was heard to
remark It doesn`t matter about the order, they are still bloody Benny`s.