[Dixielandjazz] "In the Bushes at the Bottom of the Garden"

John johnstephenson at verizon.net
Fri Aug 19 14:11:55 PDT 2005

This is an old English Music Hall song (Randolph Sutton), and I understand
it was also recorded by Ray Noble. I can't find a copy of the sheet music or
a cd I can transcribe from. Anybody got any ideas where I might find a copy?

Also, I'm putting together a solo banjo act, and would like to pick your
collective brains on this: I'd like to consider choosing people in the
audience to participate in some songs/poetry. Does anyone have any advice on
audience participation? Are there any words of advice as to how you pick
"good" participants, as opposed to total jerks? I know everybody gets caught
with a lemon once in a while; even saw Pat Sajak up against an ambitious
comic-contestant once.  I'm sure some people got chewed out after that show!

Any gems of wisdom gratefully received.  John Stephenson