[Dixielandjazz] New guy on the block

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Aug 18 14:40:24 PDT 2005

He PERFORMS, he sells himself with all these gimmicks. Personally I hate it,
but ,count bums on seats, he is a sell out wherever he goes.
Cheers
Pat

Pat, you've seen us perform & you know I'm all in favor of a good show!  :>

I know this Jamie kid did all the tricks, but he is very good, also.  The
ballad I mentioned (can't remember the name now) is very hard to sing, and
he did it with the bassist only....voice & bass & a tin can that had a long
thingy hanging from it that when he shook it & held it up to the mike it
howled.  He used it to cause dissonance with his voice.  A trick, but very
effective.

Time will tell if he lasts or not.  Some of the sounds I heard during the
show were nothing but innovative.

Jim